Complaints & Grievances

Administrative or Academic Grievances

Shiloh University encourages any member of the University community, including students, faculty or staff, who has a formal complaint or a grievance to first direct his or her complaint or grievance to the faculty, staff, or administrator involved.

Should the complaint or grievance not be resolved at that point, or should the member not feel comfortable directing the complaint or grievance to the person involved, then the individual with the complaint or grievance should complete a General Complaint/Grievance Form. Submit academic grievances to the Vice President of Academics and administrative grievances to the President.

The University will respond to the individual filing the complaint within 30 days of receiving the completed form.

Harassment or Discrimination Grievances

Any member of the University community, including students, faculty or staff who believes that he or she has experienced discrimination or sexual harassment or who witnesses what he or she believes to be discrimination or sexual harassment should contact the President of the University.

Filing Grievances with Outside Organizations

If an individual feels that the grievance has not been resolved after following the University grievance process, he or she may appeal the grievance to the appropriate external agency.


The University is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and is therefore obligated to follow all standards and responsibilities of accredited status. Any individual who believes that Shiloh University is noncompliant with DEAC standards and/or procedures may file a complaint form through DEAC’s complaint process form.

Consumer Protection

Students who feel their rights as consumers of higher education have been violated, or that the University has conducted itself in a manner that is not supportive of their educational experience, must register their complaints with the Iowa College Student Aid Commission (ICSAC). ICSAC is the state agency responsible for licensing the University’s courses and programs for Iowa residents as well as residents of all SARA-Compact participant states. For information on Shiloh University’s authority to operate in each state, refer to the University’s State Licensure Information summary.

Complaints should be submitted to the Iowa College Student Aid Commission (address below) via their Student Complaint Form.

Iowa College Student Aid Commission
475 SW 5th St., Suite D
Des Moines, IA 50309
Phone: (877) 272-4456, option 4

Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

It is the intent of Shiloh University to fully comply with the guidelines established by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Students are encouraged to report any of the following violations:

  • Access to Student Records
    The University has failed to comply with his or her request for access to education records.
  • Amendment of Student Records
    The University has failed to respond to his or her request for amendment of inaccurate information in education records or has failed to offer the student an opportunity for a hearing on the matter.
  • Disclosure of Records
    The University has improperly disclosed personally identifiable information from his or her education record to a third party.

Grievances involving an alleged University violation of FERPA are to be reported to the Family Policy Compliance Office. An eligible student may obtain a complaint form by calling (202) 260-3887. Once the form has been completed, it is to be mailed to Family Policy Compliance Office, U.S. Department of education, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington DC 20202-8520.

Military Tuition Assistance & Veterans Affairs (GI Bill)

Any service members, veterans, spouses, and other family members of military students wishing to submit a complaint about the University administration of military or veteran aid programs, or a possible violation of the Principles of Excellence established by Executive Order 13607, they may do so through the Postsecondary Education Complaint System (PECS).


Student Services & Policies
Academic Policies


SU’s graduate programs aim to equip men and women for impacting culture, changing lives, and furthering the advance of God’s kingdom.